The Research & Development Grower will monitor and maintain crop health of various chemotypes, research & development crops, and aid in greenhouse trials. They will be responsible for tracking crop metrics, chemotype performance, and optimal harvest timing via experimental design, visual evaluation, and data analysis. The grower will further innovation through aid in design and execution on agricultural research and development efforts.
· Researches continuous improvement of the product while maintaining consistency in quality
· Must be able to plan, organize, coordinate designed activities within the R&D crops and trials
· Collaborates and designs experiments to optimize crop yield and quality
· Reviews cultivation data and compares to implement effective strategies
· Investigates growing, harvesting, drying, curing strategies
· Significant experience in handling and growing various cannabis chemotypes
· Degree in Botany or Horticulture preferred
· Knowledge of specific growing needs and requirements for a healthy growth
· Extensive knowledge of the factors that influence the growth of the plants
· Up-to-date on the latest growing processes and techniques
· Experienced in Excel, Word and greenhouse software
· Strong attention to detail
· Team orientated
· Superior communication and problem-solving skills
· Ability to obtain results with minimal supervision
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Aphria is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.